(I shouldn't say that.)
There is a fire burning at Bridal Veil Falls located in Provo Canyon in Utah that was started by 'presumed arsony' around the 25th of July; it has been burning up that beautiful country ever since. The bright side is that Karl is close to home this summer - meaning he gets to come home on a daily basis : ). The down side is that he doesn't get home until 11:00 o'clock at night : (, and by then he's so tired. At least he is home a lot more during the winter months to make up for it! Even though his being away so much is hard at times, it has made me appreciate the time we do have together so much more. I'm so glad I have him : ).

This picture is really neat because you can see the helicopter about to make a bucket-drop on the fire! This helicopter turned out to be kind of useless because it was too small and couldn't dump enough water. I still think it's a really neat picture though, and I'm glad for the effort it made : ).

The terrain the fire is burning in is so steep that the firefighters - Karl included : ) - have to fly in by helicopter. This is Karl getting ready for the mission : ). He secretly relishes taking a flight in the helicopter, just look that almost-imperceptible smirk on his face.
The terrain the fire is burning in is so steep that the firefighters - Karl included : ) - have to fly in by helicopter. This is Karl getting ready for the mission : ). He secretly relishes taking a flight in the helicopter, just look that almost-imperceptible smirk on his face.




2 comments:
I know what you mean. Whenever George gets home from a deployment it's like another honeymoon!
How lucky you are to have Karl home at nights! California is too far away for me. I wanted to tell you that I showed Larry your blog too and that he also recognized Karl. Small world in fire!
Post a Comment